We are currently looking for a Principal Scientist - Downstream Process Development to join a world leading CDMO focused on the Development of life saving Protein based therapeutics. As the Principal Scientist - Downstream Process Development you will be responsible for driving the development of downstream process in the manufacture of biologic products.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Downstream Processing scientist keen to work for a Global organisation where they can further develop their career in an organisation focused on staff personal and professional development. This is a Team Leadership opportunity that does not require extensive prior leadership experience.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Principal Scientist - Downstream Process Development will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will provide an oversight to the deign and planning of the downstream processes, then lead the execution of the process development and transfer to client or internal R&D department.
2. As the Principal Downstream Process Scientist, you will determine the technical and scientific approaches for the development programmes and support the scope and development of the analytical methods used.
3. The downstream technology and process transfer, within the company and externally, will be your responsibility.
4. You will provide technical expertise and guidance to staff who are involved in the development of viral purification, using AKTA chromatography.
5. You will lead a small matrix project team as well as acting a direct Line Manager for junior Downstream Process Development Scientists.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Principal Scientist - Downstream Process Development we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A relevant BSc, MSc or PhD in a biologic subject (e.g. Biology, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Science, Biochemistry, Virology, etc.) is necessary in addition to previous industry experience in a Downstream processing for Biopharmaceutical products.
2. Extensive industry experience with Chromatography and Filtration techniques for the isolation of therapeutic Proteins. Having experience with biomolecules and viral products is highly advantageous.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with downstream processing and AKTA systems is strongly desirable and experience in upstream processing would be advantageous.
Key Words: DSP | Downstream | Process Development | GMP | Tech Transfer | Technology Transfer | Biologic | Biotechnology | Biopharma | AKTA | Purification | Manufacture | Scientist | Senior Scientist | Viral | Virology | Biochemistry | R&D | Research and Development
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.