Position Title: Laboratory based Senior Analytical Scientist
Location: Sandwich -Kent
At VIATRIS, we see healthcare not as it is but as it should be. We act courageously and are uniquely positioned to be a source of stability in a world of evolving healthcare needs.
Viatris empowers people worldwide to live healthier at every stage of life.
We do so via:
- Access – Providing high quality trusted medicines regardless of geography or circumstance;
- Leadership – Advancing sustainable operations and innovative solutions to improve patient health; and
- Partnership – Leveraging our collective expertise to connect people to products and services.
Every day, we rise to the challenge to make a difference and here’s how the Laboratory based Senior Analytical Scientist role will make an impact in the Global Respiratory Group at Viatris where we develop respiratory medicines (e.g., DPIs, MDIs, Nebulised products) for patients worldwide.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Carry out all analytical activities required to deliver new respiratory products to clinical studies and commercialisation.
- Lead the planning, design and execution of experiments to generate scientific understanding in development of analytical methods and during formulation development of new products, including stability and process scale up.
- Process and review data, interpret results and report experimental outcomes to project development team.
- Undertake the preparation of protocols, reports, procedures and specifications.
- Lead the troubleshooting of instrumentation and investigation of aberrant sample results.
- Contribute to project delivery by carrying out other tasks (e.g. laboratory housekeeping, ordering, shipping samples) as required.
- Work with other senior analysts to lead the analytical laboratory operation and identify opportunities for improvements in working practices and procedures.
- Oversee the day-to-day work of less experienced analytical laboratory staff.
- Adherence to all applicable policies and procedures, including those relating to EHS, GMP, GCP, Quality and Compliance, consistent with the role and any associated responsibilities, including people management where applicable.
Essential skills, qualifications and experience:
- Must have a good understanding and substantial practical experience of modern laboratory techniques including the development and validation of chromatographic methods, ideally but not necessarily gained in inhaled drug product development.
- Must have a good understanding of the basic principles of physical, organic and analytical chemistry, and can demonstrate advanced knowledge in specific areas related to their experience.
- Must be highly familiar with calculations used in analytical chemistry and the application of statistics for the design of experiments and interpretation of results.
- Must be able to work with others to plan the day-to-day work of a small team.
- Must be able to work autonomously to deliver multiple tasks planning own work to consistently achieve output of high quality results in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Must have enthusiasm to work in a laboratory based role and good understanding of laboratory safety and best practice.
- Must possess a relevant Bachelor of Science Degree (for example Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Forensics) or equivalent, or substantial practical work experience.
- Must possess good IT skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and effective verbal and written communication skills.
At Viatris, we offer competitive salaries, benefits and an inclusive environment where you can use your experiences, perspectives and skills to help make an impact on the lives of others.
To submit your application, please forward your CV and covering letter to Talent Partner Tijana Baros via email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Laboratory based Senior Analytical Scientist” within the subject title.