Position Title: Senior Manager, Analytical Team Leader
Location: Sandwich -Kent
At VIATRIS, we see healthcare not as it is but as it should be. We act courageously and are uniquely positioned to be a source of stability in a world of evolving healthcare needs.
Viatris empowers people worldwide to live healthier at every stage of life.
We do so via:
- Access – Providing high quality trusted medicines regardless of geography or circumstance;
- Leadership – Advancing sustainable operations and innovative solutions to improve patient health; and
- Partnership – Leveraging our collective expertise to connect people to products and services.
Every day, we rise to the challenge to make a difference and here’s how the Senior Manager, Analytical Team Leader role will make an impact in the Global Respiratory Group at Viatris where we develop respiratory medicines (e.g., DPIs, MDIs, Nebulised products) for patients worldwide.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Lead the delivery of all analytical activities required to take new respiratory products to clinical studies and commercialization
- Manage the performance and professional development of staff within the team.
- As a member of multidisciplinary project teams developing analytical methods, formulations and processes, lead the planning and execution of experiments and provide scientific input to troubleshooting and investigations, to generate scientific understanding.
- Prepare analytical sections of investigational and commercial drug product regulatory filings.
- Undertake the preparation, review or approval of protocols, reports, procedures and specifications.
- Review and approve data, interpret results and present experimental outcomes to the project development team.
- Ensure that analytical activities with potential impact on quality of clinical supplies or product approval are delivered in accordance with cGMP requirements.
- As a member of the ACD leadership team, work with other analytical team leaders to contribute to strategic business development and manage resources to deliver the project portfolio on time and within budget.
- Identify strategic opportunities to improve departmental capabilities e.g. by implementing new technologies.
Essential skills, qualifications and experience:
- Must understand the specific challenges involved in the development and approval of inhaled drug products including the development of methods and specifications, and preparation of regulatory submissions.
- Must have experience in performance management and personal development of others.
- Must be able to work autonomously to deliver multiple tasks of high complexity, planning the work of a team to consistently achieve output of high quality results in a timely manner.
- Must have broad experience of the application of analytical chemistry to product development, including practical experience of modern laboratory techniques for drug product testing and API characterization including chromatographic method development & validation.
- Must be able to interpret and draw conclusions from complex data to solve product development issues.
- Must have a good understanding of cGMP requirements for analytical work in support of clinical studies and product registration.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree (for example Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Forensics) or equivalent.
- Must have good IT skills (including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Must have be prepared for occasional business travel/willingness to travel.
At Viatris, we offer competitive salaries, benefits and an inclusive environment where you can use your experiences, perspectives and skills to help make an impact on the lives of others.
To submit your application, please forward your CV and covering letter to Talent Partner Tijana Baros via email email@example.com quoting “Senior Manager, Analytical Team Leader” within the subject title.