We are currently looking for a Non-Clinical Pharmacology Study Manager to join a leading Gene Therapy company based in the Central London area. As the Non-Clinical Pharmacology Study Manager you will be responsible for initiating and leading non-clinical research for the development of Gene Therapy products.
Your work will support in vitro and in vivo proof-of-concept studies and proof-of-principal for candidates in pre-clinical development. You will support all aspects of the projects from early phase through to transition into clinical development.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Non-Clinical Pharmacology Study Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Identify external partners fit-for-purpose for the non-clinical studies and retain management and scientific oversight of the external programmes.
2. Design and develop new in vivo and in vitro assays to support the development of novel AAV genome constructs as well as developing innovative analytical techniques to characterise AAV vectors.
3. Manage meetings with external partners and present findings to colleagues in lab meetings and at external meetings as required.
4. Ensure all required documentation and experimental write-ups are completed and approved in a timely manner.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Non-Clinical Pharmacology Study Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline including Molecular Biology, Virology or Pharmacology in addition to experience of designing and managing non-clinical studies.
2. Proven industry experience of designing in vivo studies, ideally in a pre-clinical setting where you are supporting drug development activities.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with in vitro techniques such as gene expression analysis, protein expression, histology and IHC techniques to assess the pharmacology of development products, ideally Viral Vectors.
Key Words: Gene Therapy | In Vivo Pharmacology | Non-Clinical | Pre-Clinical | Study Manager | Study Director | Drug Development | Proof-of-Concept | AAV | Viral Vector | Gene Expression |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.