We have a fantastic opportunity for a Deputy Engineering Manager to join a growing Pharmaceutical CDMO based in the East Sussex area. As the Deputy Engineering Manager you will be responsible for supporting the Engineering Manager with a variety of activities, including projects relating to the build of a new, manufacturing and pilot plant facility.
This role would suit an Engineering Lead or Team Leader from the Pharmaceutical sector looking to take that next step in their career. Alternatively it would be an ideal chance for an Engineering Manager to transition from a Food, Medical Device or FMCG manufacturing background into Pharmaceutical manufacturing.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Deputy Engineering Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Leading to completion root cause investigations for engineering-related non-conformances, CAPA's, change controls and associated actions.
2. Working with Project and Continuous Improvement Engineers to foster a continuous improvement culture within Engineering, utilising DMAIC techniques to reduce the impact on the business from breakdowns and lost performance, identifying potential improvements to efficiency, capacity and reduced cost.
3. Leading and undertaking capital projects to upgrade and replace the asset base within the company.
4. Deputising for the Engineering Manager when required.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Deputy Engineering Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. You will ideally have a Degree in an Engineering related discipline or proven industry experience and a HNC/HND. A qualification in Lean Six Sigma, such as Green Belt trained or above is desirable.
2. The successful candidate will have a strong engineering and management background in a Pharmaceutical environment or similar highly regulated cGMP compliant manufacturing experience. Candidates with backgrounds from the Food, FMCG and Medical Device sectors will also be considered.
3. Ability to identify opportunities for process and operational improvements and implement appropriate changes to deliver these benefits. Ability to perform HSE risk assessments (PUWER, LOLER, etc.) and an understanding of DSEAR will be beneficial.
Key Words: Engineering | Pharmaceutical | Manufacturing | GMP | Continuous Improvement | Lean Six Sigma | Green Belt
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.