Senior/Principal Bio-Conjugation Scientist
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled, hands-on Senior/Principal Bio-Conjugation Scientist to join our client, an early-stage biotechnology company designing the next generation of highly specific cancer therapeutics. This is a fantastic position that provides second to none training and support for future development, as well as offering you the chance to take a ‘step up’ and rise to a new challenge!
Using your prior experience of ADC conjugation techniques, you will be responsible for performing quality control tests to assess the quality of the conjugated molecules, as well as supporting ongoing analytical requirements. You will also have the opportunity to shape and define the overall bioconjugation strategy of the company, including implementing new bioconjugation solutions and putting forward improvement ideas.
Tasks will include:-
- Perform routine/novel laboratory bioconjugation experiments to support internal projects
- Lead and advise on the design and development of new and existing ADC drug candidates
- Drive the company’s conjugation strategy through by providing scientific ideas and technologies
- Carry out and oversee the conjugation of small molecules (eg. cytotoxic drugs, fluorescent labels) and polymers to antibodies and proteins using a range of linker chemistries
- Characterise antibody and protein conjugates using analytical chromatography techniques (HIC, SEC, IEX) in order to ensure reagent suitability for downstream cell-based assays. Put in place a robust QC workflow that supports reagent suitability at every stage of a project stage.
- Define and implement a bespoke antibody and protein conjugates developability assessment regimen
- Own and continuously improve laboratory housekeeping and implement/maintain a safe working environment in line with HSE guidelines when working with cytotoxic agents. Train and mentor more junior scientists in the handling of conjugated proteins for use in downstream assays.
- Implement, own and regularly review SOPs, Ras and CHOSHH in compliance with Health and Safety procedures.
- Champion data analysis of bio-conjugation experiments and bring forward proposals to address molecule or chemistry challenges.
We would like to hear from you if you have a positive can-do attitude with a good sense of humour, as well as having a PhD in Chemistry/Protein Biochemistry or related science discipline with 5 years’ experience in performing ADC bio-conjugation to proteins and antibody (formats) using a variety of linker-payload systems.
For more information, please contact Andy Cuthbert on 01606 818295 or email firstname.lastname@example.org