CK Group are recruiting for a Principal Scientist on behalf of an industry leading Biopharmaceutical development and manufacturing organization, to be based at their site in Billingham on a permanent basis for a competitive salary
Our client is a dynamic global company, whose focus is to combine technical leadership in cell culture, microbial fermentation and gene therapies with world class cGMP manufacturing facilities to advance tomorrow’s medicines.
The Principal Scientist role is based at the company's site in Billingham, easily commutable from Greatham, Redcar, Thornaby, Middlesbrough and Stockton-on-Tees.
As a Principal Scientist, you would be:
- Involved in cell line development from transfection, cloning and selection of cell lines
- Contributing to and leading R&D USP Microbial operation project teams
- Involved in the design and implementation of development and innovation projects
- Responsible for laboratory and line management
- A life science degree (Ideally a MSc or PhD)
- Relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience within a mammalian cell culture role
- In depth Knowledge of CLD for mammalian cell lines (ideally CHO)
- Good aseptic technique and knowledge of general cell culture methods
- Experience of transfection and cloning techniques
- Experience with high throughput cloning and cell line screening technologies
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Principal Scientist position, please Sajra Hameed on 01246 457712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 52265.