Assistant Professor (x2) in Experimental Chemistry and Theoretical/Computational Chemistry
The Department of Chemistry invites applications from outstanding candidates for appointment to a tenure-stream Assistant Professor position in each of the following areas:
1. All areas within the broad framework of Experimental Chemistry
2. Theoretical/Computational Chemistry
The ideal candidates will have interests that complement the strengths of our department (https://www.dal.ca/faculty/science/chemistry/research.html).
Each position requires a PhD degree, postdoctoral experience and an exceptional research track record. Each appointment will be made at the rank of Assistant Professor. The successful candidates will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate classes in chemistry and to develop vigorous and creative research programs with external funding. The anticipated start date is July 2022 or as negotiated.
Review of applications will begin December 15, 2021, and continue until the positions are filled. Applications must be submitted via PeopleAdmin (https://dal.peopleadmin.ca/postings/7792) and should consist of:
· a cover letter;
· a curriculum vitae, including a list of publications;
· a detailed research proposal (5 pages maximum including executive summary), plus one-page statement of how the proposed research aligns with the Dalhousie University Strategic Research Plan (https://www.dal.ca/research/SignatureResearchClusters.html);
· a statement of teaching interests and experience; and
· the names and email addresses of at least three referees.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Dalhousie also recognizes the need to accommodate candidates to ensure their full, fair, and equitable participation in the hiring process. Our complete Accommodation Policy can be viewed online at: https://www.dal.ca/policies. For further information regarding this position, or to request accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, please email email@example.com