CK group are recruiting for a Innovation and Technology Manager, to join a specialty chemical manufacturing company on a permanent basis. This role offers a salary of up to £60,000 DOE.
Our client is an independent manufacturer and distributor of raw materials, ingredients and specialty chemicals for the life sciences and performance chemicals sectors.
Innovation and Technology Role:
This manager is responsible for leading a small team in developing new processes to produce new products and in improving processes already operated at commercial scale to make existing products. Processes developed and/or improved may be transferred to commercial production either within the companies own manufacturing facilities or/and at external 3rd party manufacturing facilities
Your duties will include to:
- Research and develop synthetic pathways to target molecules by reviewing and analysing appropriate literature.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal & external stakeholders.
- Create and implement stage gated experimental programs to develop and progress laboratory-based process development activities.
- Create and implement stage gated process transfer plans to move laboratory processes developed onto commercial production facilities.
- Create and implement plans to calibrate, maintain and operate all laboratory equipment, facilities and consumables in line with health and safety and environmental protection regulation.
- Create and implement plans to add/relocate laboratory and related equipment within the department to improve ergonomics and safe and efficient working.
- Build and maintain a high-performance culture through effective communication and coaching of staff.
- Monitor, manage, develop and support direct reports to achieve company objectives, holding performance development reviews for direct reports and ensuring cascade of performance management and appraisal process down through the departmental reporting structure.
- Oversee, manage and conduct design and supervision of experimental (chemical synthesis and formulation) programs at scale ranging from 0.1 grams to multi kilograms at lab and pilot scale.
To be considered for the position you should have the following skills and experience:
- Multi-step and multiple reaction synthetic organic chemistry competence to post graduate level.
- Experience of managing an R&D/process development department in a highly regulated chemical synthesis and formulation business.
- Knowledge of IP development and management processes.
- Thorough understanding of cross-functionality within organisations.
- Thorough understanding of prioritisation, planning and progression processes.
- Good manufacturing practice knowledge.
For more information or to apply for this Innovation and Technology Manager position, please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457723 or firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 52221.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.