We are currently looking for a Principal Scientist - Assay development to join a leading Biotherapeutics company based in the South Cambridgeshire area. As the Principal Scientist - Assay development you will be responsible for supporting Antibody Discovery activities through the development of Antibody Screening assays to support early discovery activities such as Hit-to-Lead and Lead optimisation activities.
You will be the Lead Assay Development scientist and will use your years of experience to support Assay Development activities both internally and with CROs. You will have the opportunity to support Junior staff members and in the future grow and develop the Assay Development team.
You will need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and excited by the prospect of working in a new and growing company.For this role, exposure to antibody discovery and early development projects is important. The successful candidate will work closely with internal and external stakeholders and collaborators and will be an expert at building and managing effective relationships.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Principal Scientist - Assay development will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Design and develop assays to support antibody discovery programs including a Lead Optimisation project. Assays include, but not limited to: HTRF, Proliferation Assays, STAT, ERK signalling assays as well as High throughput Screening assays.
2. Independently lead assay development activities internally as well as managing CROs.
3. Utilise technical knowledge and experience to effectively troubleshoot and refine assays as per company needs.
4. Work Cross functionally with multiple project leads to ensure the continued development of Antibody pipelines for Inflammatory and Oncology targets.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Principal Scientist - Assay development we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline in addition to previous experience in an Antibody or Biologics discovery setting.
2. Proven industry experience where you have developed antibody screening assays within a Post Doc, Biologics and Biotechnology environment.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with solving technical problems in assay development including developing, troubleshooting or validating antibody-specific assays.
Key Words: Principal Scientist | Assay Development | Antibody Discovery | Antibody Screening | Antibody Development | Early Development | Biotherapeutics | Biopharmaceuticals | Screening Assay | High Throughput Assay | HTS | Troubleshooting | Lead Optimisation
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.