HRS have exclusively partnered with an innovative new start-up based in central London focused on revolutionising the synthesis of biomolecules through enzyme nanotechnology.
They are currently looking to appoint a new VP of R&D to grow and lead of team of a variety of scientists and own the technical strategy for the research and development of pipeline products that will increase the yield, purity and lower synthesis costs to the Biopharmaceutical industry. You will work closely with the CEO and co-founders of the organisation to develop a strong company culture and business strategy to ensure research processes and protocols are robust and meet customer needs.
This role would suit a people driven leader with experience of building an effective team and culture who has also delivered R&D products for lab bench to customers who can develop company road maps. This is a London based role and some site presence is required.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the VP of R&D will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Develop, direct and maintain a system to manage all product development programs and
projects, including a rigorous review process, in order to ensure attainment of key milestones
and adherence to product specifications, timelines and budgets.
2. Formulate and implement the long-term strategy with respect to new and emerging
technologies that advance company objectives.
3. Lead the laboratory team to promote a high-performance, results-driven environment with a
strict adherence to project management requirements while also attracting, developing and retaining top talent for the R&D function, while building a culture where the
team is continually improving its performance.
4. Support the identification, monitoring and, in conjunction with business development, the
licensing/acquisition of new technologies that can be incorporated into the company's current
and future products.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the VP of R&D we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree (ideally PhD) in a Life Sciences discipline who has experience of leading an R&D function within the life sciences industry including Product and Service Development where your strategy plans are customer focused.
2. Proven industry experience of Leading and Developing a varied team with experience of showing your effective ability to build a team and problem solve in a highly collaborative environment.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with the ability to develop future business strategy, outlining and driving tactics where you might have exposure to IP regulations.
Key Words: VP of R&D | Product Development | Research & Development | Enzymes | Catalysis | Enzyme Cascade | Nanotechnology | Product Strategy | Technical Strategy | Project Management |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.