Looking to develop your career in synthetic organic and medicinal chemistry?
Whether you've recently completed your PhD or have several years' experience under your belt, we'd love to hear from you. Our success has been fuelled by the recruitment of the highest calibre of scientists, and we're always on the lookout for the best talent to drive our continued growth.
But why work for us?
- Our chemists are at the forefront of our scientific research, driving projects from modern, state-of-the-art laboratories and solving challenging problems for our clients.
- You'll work as part of Sygnature's integrated drug discovery team on projects with bioscience, DMPK, computational chemistry, and in-vivo colleagues.
- All projects are different, and therefore present an opportunity to develop your skills and experience. We have a comprehensive learning and development offering that encourages continuous development and supports you throughout your career with us. It's important that all scientists understand key project objectives and the role of target design and synthetic problem solving to achieve these goals.
- Our global clients range from big pharma and biotechs to academic and charitable organisations. Teamwork and communication are as important as the science we do - how we interact and communicate with our clients is part of our success.
- We foster a culture of collective responsibility and communal working. If you're challenged by a problem, your project team, department and the company will support you to find a solution.
- Transparency with clients - our clients like to know the entire team, so there's an expectation you will present your work at meetings and represent the company.
- You'll independently design and implement novel synthetic routes to challenging chemical targets. You'll also drive project progress through innovative medicinal chemistry problem solving by designing novel molecular targets to address key project issues.
- We want you to have a long and rewarding career at Sygnature. We can offer a challenging, stimulating and fulfilling role in a sociable team that's passionate about drug discovery. It's an extremely motivating and humbling experience to discover a lifesaving drug.
- You're likely to have a PhD in Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry, or a BSc/MSc in Chemistry with additional drug discovery experience in industry.
- We recruit at all levels, so additional industrial or academic drug discovery experience is welcome, as is project leadership experience.
- You should be passionate about medicinal and synthetic chemistry and be confident designing and executing complex synthetic routes in a proactive, efficient manner.
- You'll have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work well within a team.
In return, you'll receive an excellent training and remuneration package including a competitive salary that's reviewed annually, a bonus scheme, a well-regarded pension scheme, death in service benefit, private medical insurance (with cashback for dental and optical care), and a confidential Employee Assistance Programme. Our benefits are tailored to enhancing your experience at Sygnature - we want you to share in our success.
Our experienced drug-hunters possess all the professional skills and knowhow required to undertake the most demanding of research programmes and drive them from target validation through hit identification, hit-to-lead and lead optimisation to pre-clinical development candidate.
Since 2011, 34 compounds discovered by Sygnature for customers have entered pre-clinical development. So far, 17 of these have progressed to clinical trials (Phases I, II and III). In 2017, Sygnature Discovery received the prestigious Queen's Award for Enterprise for International Trade, in 2020 the Medilink Outstanding Achievement Award, and in 2021 the Bionow Company of the Year Award.
For more information, visit www.sygnaturediscovery.com/careers.
If you're interested in joining a company that places people at the heart of its business, please apply through the link and include:
1) Your CV
2) A covering letter that briefly outlines your suitability for the role and your current notice period (if applicable)
3) Confirmation of your status of eligibility to work in the UK (we can consider sponsoring potential employees with relevant levels of qualifications and experience under a Skilled Worker visa).
Your application will be submitted through our trusted