An opportunity to join a dynamic, market leading company in an innovative role to develop and enhance our portfolio of active pharmaceutical ingredients derived from botanical extracts. To develop and validate control strategies to support our growing expansion of our core business. This role is an integral part of the vision and ambition of the company. The successful candidate will help ensure that new products are appropriately developed and validated within a cGMP environment and successfully introduced to commercial production continuing the strong growth of our pharma business.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Develop control strategies appropriate for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API's) via Quality by Design (QbD) principles.
2. Work closely with Production, Research and Quality functions to ensure processes are developed and implemented in time to meet project/customer deadlines.
3. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions/Ability to use trends and data to review and improve performance.
4. Ability to develop and give presentations on technical topics.
5. Act as the Lead Chemist, training and mentoring junior Chemists.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Strong knowledge of the principles of QbD and control strategies.
2. Experience of process development and validation as per ICH requirements.
3. Technology transfer of newly developed processes to production team both internally and externally.
4. Setting specification for critical parameters, raw materials, in-process checks and finished product
5. Knowledge of general process development used for herbal API's will be advantageous.
6. Previous use of HPLC, GC, IR, UV and TLC desirable.