Sedgefield, County Durham
£29,000 - £36,000 dependent on experience
21 Dec 2021
We are currently looking for a Medicinal Chemist to join a leading biopharmaceutical company at its chemistry laboratories in Sedgefield, County Durham.
ReViral is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing, and commercialising antiviral therapeutics, with an initial focus on treating respiratory syncytial virus (RSV). The company’s lead product candidate, sisunatovir, is an orally administered RSV fusion inhibitor currently being evaluated in two global multicentre phase 2 clinical studies. The company also has an RSV N-protein replication inhibitor program currently undergoing IND-enabling studies.
As a medicinal chemist you will be responsible for designing and synthesising novel inhibitors of RSV.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. You will design target molecules and carry out the synthesis of such molecules for testing in antiviral and pharmacokinetic assays.
2. You will support your synthetic work with full characterisation of compounds with techniques such as HPLC, NMR and mass spectrometry.
3. You will contribute to project meetings, patent applications and interact with contractors to allow projects to progress.
4. You will maintain detailed synthetic protocols associated with compound synthesis, to facilitate project progression and IP development.
1. A PhD in Synthetic or Medicinal Chemistry (essential)
2. Experience of drug design within industry (preferred)
3. A good knowledge of and practical experience with analytical techniques such as HPLC, NMR and mass spectrometry (essential)
4. An up-to-date knowledge of relevant methods and literature (essential)
5. A highly motivated, team-oriented individual with strong attention to detail and can-do attitude to problem-solving (essential)
6. Excellent presentation and communication skills (essential)
- Salary: £29,000 - £36,000 dependent on experience
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free parking
Eligibility and expectations
In order to qualify for this position, you must be authorised to live and work in the UK. If you are applying from outside of the UK, you must state in your cover letter your right to work status e.g., UK citizen, EU Settlement Scheme etc.
- Please send CV with cover letter to: email@example.com
- Applicants will be selected for initial video-call interviews on a rolling basis.