HRS are currently looking for a Head of Bioprocess - Cell and Gene Therapies to join a leading cell and gene therapy company based in the London area. As the Head of Bioprocess - Cell and Gene Therapies you will be responsible for providing technical expertise and leadership within the bioprocess department.
This is a great opportunity for a technical expert in the bioprocessing field of cell and gene therapies and/or biologics (both upstream and downstream) with strong leadership skills.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Head of Bioprocess - Cell and Gene Therapies will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. In this role you will take full accountability of bioprocessing development programme as well as manage subject matter experts (Principal Scientists / Team Leaders).
2. You will play a key role in providing technical expertise for Upstream and Downstream processes to support the development of new strategies.
3. As the Head of Bioprocess - Cell and Gene Therapies, you will ensure all new technologies are developed and qualified to enter GMP and commercial use.
4. You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of short and long term plans and objectives.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Head of Bioprocess - Cell and Gene Therapies we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Science subject, such as Biological Sciences, Process Development, Bioprocess, Biochemical Engineering, Cell and Gene Therapy, Biopharmaceuticals. A PhD is advantageous.
2. Proven industry experience in upstream and downstream processes in GMP environment. Experience in cell and gene therapy and / or biologics is essential.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with management of people or strong track record of delivering programmes on time within budgets.
Key Words: Head of Bioprocess / Bioprocessing / Upstream / Downstream / DoE / GMP / QMS / Leadership / Strategy / Management / USP / DSP / cell banking / Seed Train / Human Cell Culture / Cell Therapy / Gene Therapy / Biologics / London / UK