We are currently looking for a Supply Chain Relationship Manager to join a leading Life Sciences company based in the Edinburgh area.
This is an exciting role open to professionals within the pharmaceutical industry who have a good understanding of the pharmaceutical supply chain. We are happy to consider candidates with pharmaceutical experience from a Quality, Regulatory, Commercial or Operational background.
As the Supply Chain Relationship Manager you will be responsible for leading and managing relationships with key suppliers of API and Finished Products for the company.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Supply Chain Relationship Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for ensuring the relationships with the key current and future suppliers providing the company's materials and products are managed closely and effectively to deliver the key materials to allow the business area to meet its financial, quality and regulatory targets and the strategic expectations of growth in subsequent years
2. You will initiate, lead and manage projects in the setting up of Supply and Service Agreements in conjunction with the wider team ensuring the wider team involvement when appropriate. This will include supporting the wider supply chain in ensuring third parties comply with relevant marketing authorisations and provide input to and where requested accountability for the overall S and OP process at supply chain level.
3. As the Supply Chain Relationship Manager, you will also support procurement involving and including them in relevant meetings, negotiations with suppliers and vendors where required and additionally, seek opportunities to improve operational efficiencies and operational excellence through continuous
improvement driving toward a key strategic pillar of lean operations.
4. You will also be responsible for ensuring Quality considerations are fundamental to all internal and external activities and ensuring constant communication with Quality managers within the business as well as support Regulatory in obtaining key data for regulatory activities and ensure suppliers understand the
importance of maintaining regulatory compliance for registered processes.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Supply Chain Relationship Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Experience of working in the pharmaceutical / biopharmaceutical industry including experience of working to EU GMP manufacturing requirements is essential for this position. Knowledge of pharmaceutical S and OP (ideally experience) is also required.
2. You will need to have experience of successfully developing and maintaining good supplier relations with a number of key clients and be commercially astute and confident to approach new suppliers.
3. Process and outcome oriented with demonstrable experience of driving continuous improvement at team and company level as well as flexibility to travel nationally and internationally as required.
Key Words: Supply Chain Relationship Manager | Operational Management | Continuous Improvement | Pharmaceutical | Biopharmaceutical | GMP | Life Science | Logistics
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.