Hyper Recruitment Solutions have the honour to partner with the exciting new start up Transine Therapeutics in their search for an enthusiastic and talented, senior Molecular Biologist to join them at their Cambridge hub and drive their Molecular Biology Team.
Transine Therapeutics are developing a novel class of therapeutic RNAs that have the property to upregulate protein expression with an unprecedented level of control and specificity: the SINEUPs®. The SINEUP® proprietary technology massively extends the druggable proteome and represents an entirely unique mechanism of action for currently hard-to-treat disease
As the Principal Scientist - Molecular Biology you will undertake core Molecular Biology research to drive Transine's technology platform development and will work cross functionally across the business, working on multiple projects to ensure high quality molecular work is being conducted.
This is an excellent opportunity for a technically-skilled, motivated and dynamic Molecular Biologist to lead on a number of crucial projects where you have the opportunity to bring in new technology and ideas to a growing team. This position also offers the opportunity to line manage Junior scientists as the team grows.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Principal Scientist - Molecular Biology will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Recruit, Supervise and Develop a team to meet the growing scale of the company's research programs.
2. Lead core molecular biology laboratory-based activities in a collaborative and face-paced environment where you will have the opportunity apply expertise and experience to develop and implement molecular biology strategies and develop novel genetic strategies for technology optimization.
3. Capitalise on experience in DNA technology and genome editing to engineer novel cell lines as well as design viral vectors and establish virus production capabilities (lentivirus, AAV) in-house.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Principal Scientist - Molecular Biology we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree (ideally PhD or MSc/MRes with extensive experience) in Molecular Biology, Genomics, Biotechnology or related field. Experience with Bioinformatics is highly desirable.
2. Proven experience in a Biotechnology, Biotherapeutic or Biopharmaceutical environment where you have extensive molecular biology experience with a range of techniques including but not limited to: Molecular cloning, plasmid construct and primer design, DNA/RNA purification, vectorology, in-house virus (AAV/Lenti) generation; digital PCR, ddPCR, site-directed mutagenesis and CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing. Experience in RACE and CAGE techniques would also be highly advantageous. .
3. Previous experience or evidence of Line Management or staff supervision where you have worked in a collaborative and/or matrix environment where you have delivered high quality data to tight timelines.
Key Words: Molecular Biology | Gene Editing | Genomics | Bioinformatics | Genetic Engineering | Gene Therapy | Viral Vector | AAV | Lentiviral | CRISPR | CRISPR-Cas9 | CRISPR/Cas9 | Vector Generation | Primer Design | ddPCR | Digital Droplet PCR | Plasmid Construction | Principal Scientist | Team Leader | Research | Biotechnology | Biotherapeutics | Start-up
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.