We are currently looking for a Senior Synthetic Chemist to join a leading biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior Synthetic Chemist you will be responsible for developing novel chemistries and reagents within the Research Chemistry team.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Synthetic Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Senior Synthetic Chemist, you will design target molecules, execute the synthesis and evaluate their performance in a highly efficient way.
2. You will characterise and assess new compounds' performance using appropriate assays and techniques such as HPLC, NMR and mass spectrometry.
3. As the Senior Synthetic Chemist, you will also perform data analysis, lead a team of chemists and projects, write reports and present results to collaborators.
4. You will also record detailed synthetic protocols associated with data and characterisation to facilitate technology transfer and product development.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Synthetic Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A PhD in Chemistry.
2. Proven industry experience in synthetic organic chemistry and project leading. Experience in nucleotide and oligonucleotide chemistry is an advantage,
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with analytical techniques such as HPLC, NMR and mass spectrometry.
Key Words: Synthetic Organic Chemistry / Senior Research Scientist / R&D / Organic Synthesis / Pharmaceuticals / Biotechnology / Life Sciences / Biochemistry / DNA / Cambridgeshire
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.