HRS has partnered with a market leading developer of albumin-based enabling solutions for Advanced Therapies and Next-Generation Biopharmaceuticals.
To spear-head the development of their Viral Vector and Viral Vaccine capabilities they are looking for a Head of Viral Vector Research to establish a new application group and spear-head the development and execution of technical solution strategy related to bioprocessing, formulation and characterization of viral vector-based therapies. As the Head of Viral Vector Research, you will be apart of the companies R&D Leadership team and will report directly to the CTO.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a a driven Line Manager in the Viral Vector or Viral Vaccine industry with subject matter expertise in Downstream Processing, Formulation and/or Characterisation of these therapeutic molecules to join a new arm of an established business and spear-head the growth and development of this team.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Head of Viral Vector Research will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Line Management and Group Leadership of a new team to the business. This Team will focus on the Technical Development and Process Development of Viral Vector Production including Downstream Processing and Formulation of final Viral Vector product.
2. You will be a member of the companies Leadership team and will translate corporate strategy as well as develop Viral Vector Production Strategy. This includes creation and managements of budgets, scheduling and resource management as well as working cross functionally with Market Development, Business Development and Project Management teams.
3. Be the Subject Matter Expert on Viral Vector production with a focus on Downstream Processing, Formulation and/or Characterisation. Technically consult on virus-based therapeutics and develop processes and protocols to show the benefit of company Proteins on viral vector production.
4. This is a Technical Leadership role with Strategic oversight. This is also a commercial role with customer facing requirements where you will technically consult on the company's capabilities.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Head of Viral Vector Research we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline, ideally within Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Bioprocessing or Biological Engineering. Experience with development and production of final viral therapies.
2. Proven industry experience within Downstream Process Development for Viral Vectors or Vaccines. Experience of leadership is vital ideally line management and project leadership.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with CMC regulations as well as knowledge of CMC challenges for Viral Vector Production.
Key Words: Viral Vector | Vaccines | Viral Therapies | AAV | Lentiviral | Retroviral | Mammalian Cells | Purification | Downstream Processing | Downstream Process Development | Bioprocessing | Biopharmaceuticals | CMC | Strategic Development | Leadership | Manager | Formulation | Characterisation | Analytical |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.