We are currently looking for a Senior Synthetic Organic Chemist to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Senior Synthetic Organic Chemist you will be responsible for providing synthetic chemistry knowledge for drug discovery services.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Synthetic Organic Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Senior Synthetic Organic Chemist execute experiments and interpret results to solve problems of complexity.
2. You will participate in client relationships, providing updates on project progress, addressing technical queries and delivering client project requirements.
3. As the Senior Synthetic Organic Chemist, you will also maintain high synthetic chemistry productivity and demonstrate expertise in the core synthetic chemistry skills.
4. You will also interpret and report results of all experiments in line with department practices.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Synthetic Organic Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD / Post Doc in synthetic organic chemistry or BSc/MSc in synthetic chemistry with industry experience.
2. Proven laboratory experience in multi-step synthesis, purification and characterisation of compounds.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with analytical techniques such as NMR and mass spectrometry.
Key Words: Synthetic Organic Chemistry / Organic Synthesis / API / Drug Discovery / Hertfordshire / Pharmaceuticals / Medicinal Chemist / Process Chemist / NMR / MS / Mass Spectrometry
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.