The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is looking for a Customer Experience Insight Lead, to join the marketing team on a permanent full-time (35-hour week) basis. Based at our Cambridge office, you will play a key role in translating customer behaviour and insight data to help inform marketing campaigns and influence wider business decisions and strategy.
The RSC is the world’s leading chemistry community, advancing excellence in the chemical sciences and the UK’s professional body for chemical scientists with over 50,000 members worldwide. In this role you will gain experience working across an exceptionally diverse customer base – from teachers, scientists and academics, librarians and industry to politicians and the public.
As a Customer Experience Insight Lead, you will focus on increasing customer recruitment and retention. You will work as part of the Customer Experience team within marketing, leading on customer insight research and analysis and persona creation. A key responsibility of the role will be to measure customer experiences across key journeys. You will be working closely with our CRM, digital marketing and communication specialists to build our capabilities in translating customer behaviours into actionable insights to improve the customer experiences and marketing campaign approaches.
We are looking for a proactive professional with strong data and analytical skills with proven experience of working within a CRM role, ideally experience in both customer insights and working with marketing teams delivering the marketing campaign analyst aspect.
We are looking for:
- Graduate or equivalent with experience in a CRM role to deliver insight on customer behaviour and working within customer insight and/or marketing functions.
- Knowledge and experience in customer journey mapping and data analytics.
- Experience of/good working knowledge of digital audience measurement, journey analysis and A/B testing methods and customer data with ability to utilise this data (e.g., using tools such as Google/Adobe Analytics, Optimizely) and to visualise data.
- Ability to analyse data to support business decision-making, supported by a high level of numeracy; a good grasp of basic statistical methods (preferred).
- Experience of using customer personas and customer segmentation to inform marketing campaigns
- Ability to summarise key trends from customer insight/market/scientific information to produce written reports.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence at all levels
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams, using specialist knowledge to benefit the wider organisation.
- Experience of carrying out customer/market research and of qualitative and quantitative research techniques (preferred).
The Royal Society of Chemistry offers excellent benefits. The contractual base for this role is our Cambridge office, however we are currently in a period of piloting hybrid working, and you may be able to work from a location other than this, as agreed with your line manager. Applicants should be aware that there is an expectation that employees will attend the offices as needed for their role, and that permanent working arrangements away from the office may not be agreed in the future.
If you are interested in this role, please apply before the end of the closing date.
View and download the full job description here. For internal purposes this role will be known as Customer Executive Executive.