We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - Cell Biology to join a fast-growing Biotechnology company based in the Cambridge area focused on developing first-in-class Therapeutics targeted against Inflammatory and Immuno-oncology targets. As the Senior Scientist - Cell Biology you will be responsible for developing in vitro cell biology and disease tissue models to investigate the interaction between cellular receptors and lead antibodies.
This is a lab based opportunity reporting to the Biology Lead and requires an experienced Cell Biologist with a passion and drive to understand the Mechanism of Action of novel Antibody therapeutics.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Scientist - Cell Biology will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Design and execute in vitro cell biology and Mechanism of Action (MOA) studies to understand target biology and Antibody candidates in the disease areas of Inflammation and Immuno-oncology.
2. interact with CROs and collaborators to ensure the successful development of external assays and implement studies where appropriate.
3. Bring a wealth of knowledge in the areas of Functional Cell Biology assays including but not limited to Multi-parameter Flow Cytometry, High contact imaging and 3D Cell culture.
4. Manage research scientists as required and work collaboratively with Antibody discovery teams and data scientists to further progress pipeline molecules.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist - Cell Biology we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD (or equivalent experience) in the areas of Cell Biology and Pharmacology, ideally with experience in a Biotech or industry setting.
2. Proven industry experience in Cell Biology and/or Immunology where you have worked with Primary and immortalised cell lines. Experience with functional cell biology assays and assay development is highly desirable.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with a range of Cellular techniques, including but not limited to, Flow Cytometry, High contact Imaging and 3D Cell Culture.
Key Words: Antibody | Biotechnology | Biotherapeutics | Fibroblast | Inflammatory | Immuno-oncology | Functional Cell based Assays | Primary Cells | 3D Cell Culture | Flow Cytometry | High Contact Imaging | Tumour Microenvironmnet | Cell Biology | Cell Biologist
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.