This is a vital role to support the continuing development of our journals, contributing to community engagement, commissioning and achieving our ambitious growth targets. We are looking for an ambitious publishing professional who wants to develop their career with the Royal Society of Chemistry.
Your key role will be to contribute to the growth, quality and usage of the journals, by assisting in the development and implementation of commissioning and product development plans and deputising for the Executive Editor. This role will support one or more of our Open Access journals.
Your responsibilities will focus on:
- Assisting in the creation and implementation of product development plans to maintain or improve the revenue/quality/usage of the journal(s) and deliver journal KPIs through effective Editorial policy, commissioning and marketing plans.
- Commissioning articles, via desk based research and attendance at scientific conferences.
- Contributing to the development of the Editorial and Advisory Boards such that they provide the maximum benefit to the journal(s) and have strong interactions with their communities
- Assisting the Executive Editor in the identification and recruitment of external Associate Editors.
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with existing/potential authors and referees.
- Monitoring the demands of market forces and advising the Executive Editor and Publisher of future trends, risks and opportunities.
We are looking for:
- A good honours degree in science (chemical science normally preferred)
- Previous experience in STM publishing
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team
- Good organisational and time-management skills, together with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
The Royal Society of Chemistry offers excellent benefits. The contractual base for this role is our Cambridge office, however we are entering a period of piloting hybrid working, and you may be able to work from a location other than this, as agreed with your line manager. Applicants should be aware that there is an expectation that employees will attend the offices as needed for their role, and that permanent working arrangements away from the office may not be agreed in the future.
Download full job description here.