CK Group are recruiting for a Research Scientist to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Cambridge on a contract basis for 12 months.
£125-£145 per day PAYE
Research Scientist Role:
• To be a lab-based scientist, designing, developing and validating biochemical assays for implementation in drug discovery projects, while incorporating the views of others.
• To implement work-plans over agreed timelines such that the objectives of the project are met, including delivery of more than one agreed area of work in parallel where appropriate.
• To be an effective member of Drug Discovery Project Teams, contributing ideas and using judgment and knowledge where appropriate to influence the work of the project.
• To maintain an awareness of current developments in the literature and contribute to the continuous improvement process by identifying opportunities in the workplace where improvements can be made.
• BSc/MSc degree with some relevant experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
• Experience in the design, development and validation of biochemical assays for compound profiling and screening applications;
• Understanding of the application of biochemical assays in delivering mechanistic insights into compound mode of action.
• Practical understanding of biochemical assay methods and technologies (for example fluorescence, luminescence, mass spectrometry and biophysical techniques) as applied to biological targets.
• Practical understanding of assay optimisation, including statistical tools such as factorial experimental design, to enable the generation of robust, reproducible and sensitive assays.
Our client is a global pharmaceutical company with a major presence in the UK. Their purpose is to deliver life-changing medicines and to do this they are completely science-led and like to share this with the scientific, healthcare and business communities within the UK.
This Research Scientist role will be based at our clients site in Cambridge.
For more information, please contact the Key Accounts Team on 01438 870011 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 51874.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.