We are currently looking for a Proposal Writer to join a global pharmaceutical company based in Stirlingshire. As the Proposal Writer you will be responsible for preparation of proposals/quotes for new business and scope change. You will support bid defence process, support the Business Development team with new client enquiries and manage the handover of projects to Project Management following successful bid closure.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Proposal Writer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Working with Business Development and Project Management will review and understand new business requirements upon receipt of a Request for Information or Request for Proposal. Working with Functional Managers, collate the required technical information, resources, costs and timelines to complete the work scope as presented in the RFP.
2. Work with Program Managers and Proposal Writers at other global PPS sites for projects that are integrated across more than one site and requires preparation of an integrated proposal. Prepare the business proposal including technical scope or work, pricing and timeline information. Prepare a project Gantt for the defined scope of work
3. Work with Functional Managers to understand when new business can be scheduled and highlight to Senior Management if available start dates are misaligned with client requirements. Work with Business Development for status of proposals and support discussion with the customer on the required scope of work. Following issue of proposal, support presentation to the customer together with technical colleagues.
4. Coordinate the response to customer questions or comments on the proposal following client review. Support the Business Development team to point of award closure.
5. Work with the Project Management team to handover new projects to the assigned Project Manager in advance of project kick-off. Support initial kick-off activities if required. Support internal business meetings to review new business activities and provide summary of potential new business for departments.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Proposal Writer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life sciences related discipline. In addition to this you will need strong technical background in a scientific discipline within the pharmaceutical sector.
2. You will have a good understanding of cGMP, commercial acumen together with an understanding of a typical work program within development and GMP manufacturing projects.
3. You will require excellent communication skills to deal effectively with internal and external stakeholders. Ability to deal with a broad project team at different organization levels and the ability to prioritise activities across a number of different projects.
4. Self-motivated with enthusiasm and passion to drive opportunities through to fruition.
Key Words: Proposal Writer | Project Management | Business Development | Pharmaceuticals | GMP
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.