We are currently looking for a Head of Nucleic Acid Manufacturing to join a leading DNA production company focused on producing Synthetic DNA for Gene Therapy and Gene editing platforms. Based in the North of Cambridge, this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Process Development Scientist to join and lead a growing team focused on the development and improvement of DNA synthesis and Novel purification.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Head of Nucleic Acid Manufacturing will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Lead and drive development and improvements to the company's DNA synthesis and purification methods.
2. Advance and validate processes for scaling-up and transfer to a GMP environment.
3. Confidently plan, execute, and deliver projects to a high standard and in accordance with project plans
4. Lead a team and work cross functionally ro support R&D activities.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Head of Nucleic Acid Manufacturing we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline ideally with a focus on Bioengineering and Chemical Engineering etc. in addition to Process Development experience.
2. Proven industry experience in working in a commercial environment and experience of experimental design.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with lab scale nucleic acid or protein purification techniques e.g. AKTA
Key Words: Nucleic Acid | DNA Synthesis | Gene Synthesis | RNA Synthesis | Process Development | Purification | AKTA
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.