We are looking for an enthusiastic, consultative and ambitious Sales Executive to join our Sales team at the Royal Society of Chemistry selling journals, database, archive and eBook products. You will have responsibility for developing and proactively managing relationships across Southern Europe in order to exceed ambitious sales targets. When circumstances allow again, you will travel extensively across the region, selling to universities, consortia and corporate customers. Your role will include faculty calling, managing subscription agents, forecasting and reporting sales performance.
The contractual base for this role is Cambridge, however we are about to enter a period of piloting hybrid working, and you may be able to work from a location other than this, as agreed with your line manager. Applicants should be aware that there is an expectation that employees will attend the offices as needed for their role, and that permanent working arrangements away from the office may not be agreed in the future.
Your responsibilities will focus on;
- Promoting and proactively selling designated Royal Society of Chemistry products to customers across the territory, including consortia, universities and corporate institutions to ensure achievement of sales targets. On average, you should expect to spend 2-3 days per week meeting customers face to face with a target of 3 meetings per day.
- Represent the RSC on main industry conferences including presentations of our portfolio and activities
- Working on customer proposals to achieve sales targets.
- Maintaining sales and revenue analysis reports for the region comparing sales versus targets (revenue, unit sales, cancellations) and accurately forecast sales performance for the month and year.
- Developing and maintaining strong business relationships with new and existing customers to ensure renewal of existing and growth of new business.
- Proactively following up sales leads / enquiries to establish customer needs and present and demonstrate relevant products.
- Proactively generating opportunities for new journals in line with targets and follow-up leads provided by Business Development team.
- Making use of telephone and email communications as required for targeting of and sales to customers.
- Providing customer and market feedback on existing and potential products to marketing and editorial and work to develop good relationships with these colleagues.
- Maintaining up to date customer profiles via Salesforce for all customers detailing contacts, areas of interest, opportunities, tasks and activities.
We are looking for;
- Successful field sales experience, preferably in STM publishing; record of exceeding sales targets
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Fluent spoken and written English; multi-lingual desirable (French, Italian, Spanish)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Experience of CRM system (i.e., Salesforce)
- Self-starter and team player
Download the full job description