A fantastic opportunity has become available for an Operational Excellence Lead to join a leading pharmaceutical business based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Operational Excellence Lead you will play a key role in the on-site Operational Excellence team, supporting the team to help in Lean Six Sigma deployment activities. This role will be split between home working and site based, currently 50/50 split.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Operational Excellence Lead will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Reporting to the Head of Operational Excellence, you will be responsible for carrying out allocated project activities, utilising Lean Six Sigma and/or similar process improvement methodologies. The Operational Excellence Team drives measurable financial performance outcomes and culture change across the business.
2. A significant part of this role will be training and coaching teams across the business on specific Lean Six Sigma principles, tools and techniques. As such, you will provide expertise and share best practices regarding Six Sigma tools & methodologies, project management and team leadership.
3. Prepare for and facilitate / co-facilitate "kaizen" sessions for continuous improvement opportunity identification and provide coaching and direction to ensure goals are achieved.
4. Follow the Health & Safety policy and guidelines. Highlight any risks or issues to the attention of your manager or the SHE department. Look for opportunities to continuously improve Health and Safety on site.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Operational Excellence Lead we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. The successful candidate will ideally be degree qualified within a relevant scientific, engineering or business related discipline. Formally trained in Operational Excellence with accreditation to Lean Six Sigma Green Belt preferable with practical project experience
2. Proven industry experience working within a highly regulated manufacturing environment, ideally from the pharmaceutical sector. However, other industries, such as FMCG, Food & Beverage, Medical Device, will also be considered.
3. Experience in Lean Six Sigma continuous improvement initiatives is essential.
Key Words: Operational Excellence | Lean | Six Sigma | Pharmaceutical | Manufacturing | Green Belt | Black Belt | Kaizen | Continuous Improvement | Process Improvement | Change Management
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.