R&D Chemist / Chemical Engineer for Process Scale-up (m/f/d)
Location: Pisa, Italy | Saerbeck, Germany
Enapter is a unique and fast-growing manufacturer of electrolysers. We are on a mission to replace fossil fuels. Read up on what we do, we have laid out our reason for being, and how we plan to change the world for the better on the website: www.enapter.com/whitepaper. If it thrills you as much as it thrills us, this might be for you.
We are looking for two Chemists or Chemical Engineers for our R&D center in Pisa, Italy, to work on the scale-up and automation of our chemical production process.
- Investigate methods to increase the current chemical production of our electrocatalysts
- Study key reaction parameters such as addition rate, pH, kinetics, mass and heat transport
- Characterize synthetic products using an array of techniques (BET, XRD, TEM, RDE)
- Take charge of a project to scale up and automate our chemical production processes from lab- to pilot- to plant-scale level
- Enthusiasm for the role of hydrogen in tomorrow’s world and Enapter's role in it
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 1-2 years of academic or industrial work experience in scale-up of chemical synthesis processes
- Experience in colloid/nanoparticle synthesis processes preferred
- Practical hands-on experience in one or more of the following techniques: BET, XRD, TEM, RDE
- Project management and research skills, including attention to detail
- Fluent English language communication skills are required
- Good presentation and report writing skills
- Willingness to travel between Pisa and Saerbeck (Germany)
- The opportunity to help shape the future of energy in one of the most dynamic hydrogen companies in the industry
- A market-oriented compensation package
- A lot of responsibility and creative freedom
- Flat hierarchies and great colleagues
We know that diverse groups drive progress faster. As an R&D company, this is particularly important to us. That’s why we embrace and celebrate diversity. We explicitly welcome any application that brings additional perspectives to Enapter. So, if you believe that you can draw from your unique background and experiences to add new perspectives to our team, please tell us about this. We are looking forward to hearing from you!