Proteins are the key drivers of any organism. Our mission at HexagonFab is to unlock the secret of proteins and their interactions. We want to create the tools that enable anyone to understand how a protein behaves, what its properties are and how it interacts with other molecules. Our tools help researchers to develop the medicine of the future, to find the best ways to produce novel biomolecules and to assure that medicine is always safe and efficacious.
We are a dynamic, interdisciplinary team working at the intersection of biology, nanotechnology and data science. We value a flat hierarchy, where everyone is encouraged to share their ideas and to follow their passion. We believe it is important to move fast, to make mistakes and then to try again. This approach has led us to the invention of our biosensor platform that is the core of our product - the HexagonFab Bolt. Join us to bring biology to the next level.
You will be part of our R&D team, working on the development and optimization of HexagonFab’s sensor platform at the interface of electronics and biology. You will work together with our multidisciplinary team of surface chemists and hardware engineers. As the Biosensor Scientist, your responsibility will be to design and build the next generation of the sensor platform and to experimentally test its performance. As part of the larger R&D team, you will analyse and present your data and participate in the product development. The position is based in Cambridge, UK.
- Design and build the next generation of HexagonFab sensor platform focusing on improved sensor specificity and stability
- Perform experiments to validate and optimize the sensor platform
- Work together with the R&D team to troubleshoot complex problems
- Provide support for product development
- Research novel application areas
- MSc or PhD in Bioelectronics, Biosensing, Biochemistry, Electrochemistry or related field
- Lab experience and proven knowledge of electrochemical sensing methods, e.g. potentiometry, amperometry, conductometry or similar
- Experience in building, testing and characterising electrochemical biosensors
- Familiarity with biosensor instrumentation including electrochemical cells and amplification circuit
- Competent user of Microsoft Office
- Experience in R&D of organic electrochemical transistors (OECTs), ion selective transistors (ISFETs) or similar
- Experience working with graphene and related thin film materials
- Previous work designing and setting up electrochemical cells and amplifier circuitry for biosensing experiments
- Experience working in a cleanroom environment
- Familiar with data analysis and visualisation tools like Python and R
- Experience handling biological samples, e.g. proteins, DNA, aptamers
What we offer
- Young, dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Be part of a step-change in life science tools
- Working on a cutting-edge technology at the intersection of biology, engineering, and data science
- Competitive salary
- Share option scheme
- Most important of all, join a great team!
As soon as possible or by arrangement
First stage via video or phone call, followed by a face-to-face interview with members of the team