We are currently looking for a Technical Leader - Mass Spectrometry (Biologics) to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in Northern Ireland. As the Technical Leader - Mass Spectrometry (Biologics) you will be responsible for mass spectrometry analysis and characterisation for large molecules (proteins, glycoproteins, monoclonal antibodies, drug conjugates)
This is an exciting role for a Mass Spectrometry specialist who is looking to be the subject matter expert within the biologics/analytical division.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Technical Leader - Mass Spectrometry (Biologics) will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be operating, optimising and troubleshooting mass spectrometer instruments (LCMS, Orbitrap). You will be designing and developing methods.
2. The main lab work you will be performing will be structural characterisation including peptide sequence confirmation, intact mass and peptide mapping workflows, qualitative and quantitative analysis of post-translational modifications (e.g. glycosylation and disulfide bonds), characterisation of large molecules and more.
3. You will collaborate with internal teams and ensure the client projects are completed on time within the budgets.
4. As the Technical Leader - Mass Spectrometry (Biologics) you will act as the subject matter expert in mass spectrometry, therefore responsible for identifying new ways of works that will improve the delivery of projects and staff performance.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Technical Leader - Mass Spectrometry (Biologics) we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Biology, Proteomics etc. A PhD is advantageous.
2. Proven industry experience in protein mass spectrometry (LCMS), peptide mapping, protein characterisation.
Key Words: LCMS / Orbitrap / Mass Spec / Subject Matter Expert / Peptide Mapping / Glycosylation / Protein Characterisation / Method Development / Troubleshooting / SME