A fantastic opportunity has become available for an Analytical Laboratory Technical Leader to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Leicestershire area. As the Analytical Laboratory Technical Leader you will be responsible for a small team of Senior Analysts, Analysts and Technicians.
You will be the primary analytical lead for assigned projects, executing, delegating and monitoring the progress of work on a daily basis to ensure project timelines are met and to communicate progress to internal and external clients.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Analytical Laboratory Technical Leader will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Provide technical and operational leadership, training and coaching to Senior Analysts, Analysts and Technicians. Manage the performance of Senior Analysts, Analysts and Technicians assigned as their direct and indirect reports.
2. Take full ownership for, the analytical activities required as part of your assigned projects. Identifying technical problems/issues, developing solutions and fully implementing these solutions with agreement from their line manager/departmental manager where appropriate.
3. Define the analytical strategy for new and ongoing projects (e.g. the strategy to develop, verify/validate or transfer analytical methods, stability study design etc). Support Senior Analysts with strategy setting and approve the approaches they propose.
4. Assist the Team Leader / Group Leader with technical assessments for quotations, and support any Business Development activities that are required of them.
5. Ensure laboratory GMP procedures / systems are adhered to and investigate / manage any non-compliance issues Prepare, review and approve any protocols, reports and other associated project / GMP documentation (e.g. data packs, Methods, specs) that are required to fulfil the projects or departments needs.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Analytical Laboratory Technical Leader we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree qualification, B.Sc. or equivalent, in Chemistry or a Life Science subject with a significant chemistry component.
2. Significant experience of analysing Pharmaceutical drug products in a GMP environment. Including HPLC analysis, stability study design and testing, HPLC method development and HPLC method validation.
3. Experience of supervising and managing cGMP laboratory activities and staff meeting demanding timelines. Including leading analytical development activities in support of Pharmaceutical development projects.
Key Words: HPLC | Analytical Development | Pharmaceutical | Drug Development | GMP | Method Development | Method Validation
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.