Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years and now employs in excess of 6000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
At Almac, you will prosper within a people-orientated environment with opportunities for promotion, professional development, competitive salaries and benefits.
Business Unit: Sciences
Working as part of the Isotope Chemistry team based in our global headquarters in Craigavon, you will be responsible for performing high quality synthetic organic chemistry for our clients to agreed timelines, with particular focus on stable isotope and 14C radiochemistry projects. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary project team he/she will plan carefully, carry out their work safely and document and communicate their methods and results accurately.
- Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry or other closely related discipline
- Previous experience of the synthesis and analysis of organic molecules using multistep reaction sequences
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- Postgraduate Qualification i.e. MSc, PhD or equivalent in Chemistry or other closely related discipline
- Previous industry based experience of the synthesis of stable labelled and/or 14C labelled materials
- Proven ability to provide technical/ scientific leadership on project work.
- Experience of semi-preparative HPLC purification.
- Proficiency in the use of chemical database applications such as Reaxys or Scifinder