Almac Sciences (Scotland) focuses on manufacturing high quality peptides for the pharmaceutical research industry. Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry.
Working as part of the Peptide Development team in our Edinburgh Technopole facility, you will be responsible for
- The development of peptide production processes that are suitable and robust to transfer to manufacturing.
- Lab-scale production of peptides and proteins by solid phase chemical synthesis
- Purification and analysis of peptides for despatch to customers
- Participating in technical discussions with customers as required
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group. As such, the role would suit a candidate in the early stages of their career looking to further develop their chemical knowledge and expertise in the ever-evolving field of peptide manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s or Masters level qualification (or equivalent) in a Chemistry or Life Science Discipline
- Excellent practical synthetic organic chemistry skills
- Delivery of multiple tasks simultaneously
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- Minimum 2:1 grade in Bachelor’s degree
- PhD in Chemistry or related discipline
- Previous synthetic organic/scale-up chemistry experience in an industrial environment
- Familiarity with modern analytical techniques e.g. HPLC, MS
- Technical knowledge related to peptide chemistry