Almac are hiring chemists to join our process chemistry and biocatalysis groups, who develop chemical manufacturing processes of drug substances and intermediates in support of toxicology, clinical trials and commercial supply. This is an excellent opportunity for talented chemists to join a growing team solving exciting scientific challenges. To assist in your career progression you will have the opportunity to learn from in house experts in chemistry, analytical, solid state and manufacturing.
- Route scouting, catalyst screening, route development/optimisation, scale up
- Preparation of target materials and synthesis of impurities
- Development of safe, reproducible and high yielding chemical scale up processes
- Analysis using HPLC, GC, NMR, MS, XRPD and other techniques
- Laboratory work in our state of the art facilities
- Communication of scientific information both internally and to our clients
Almac provides a comprehensive range of integrated drug development services including biomarker discovery and development, chemical development, pharmaceutical development and clinical trial supply. Almac’s chemistry business unit has a rich track record of development, manufacturing and cGMP supply of small molecules and synthetic peptides. Almac is regarded as one of the most innovative drug substance providers in the industry and has an ethos of continual reinvestment, allowing year on year growth of our business, staff and facilities.
- Have eligibility to work in the UK OR possess a valid work permit that will allow you to take up full time, permanent employment in the UK
- Degree or PhD (or equivalent) in Chemistry or other closely related discipline.
- Practical laboratory experience of the organic synthesis and analysis from either university studies or previous industrial placements
- Demonstrate scientific excellence, attention to detail and a passion for chemistry with good experience of literature searching tools
- Previous experience of the synthesis and analysis of organic molecules using multistep reaction