We are currently looking for a AAV Technician - Vector Research Associate to join a growing biotechnology company based in the Cambridge area. As the AAV Technician you will be responsible for performing analytical techniques and purification on vector preparations.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the AAV Technician - Vector Research Associate will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the AAV Research Associate, you will be accountable for carrying out routine mammalian cell culture as well as performing transient transfections
2. Performing AAV Vector purification and analytical techniques on vector preparations such as ELISA, flow cytometry, qPCR, SDS-PAGE, protein gels and western blotting are key duties of the Research Associate.
3. Another key role of the Research Associate will be to maintain all laboratory equipment, along side validating data records accurately
4. The Research Associate will need to abide with the company's SOP's and health and safety guidelines.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the AAV Technician - Vector Research Associate we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant Bsc or Msc degree in a relevant biological discipline.
2. Proven industry experience with mammalian expression of AAV's.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with analytical techniques on vector preparation such as qPCR, ELISA, protein gels, western blotting, SDS-PAGE or flow cytometry.
Key Words: Cell Culture, protein purification, western blotting, ELISA, qPCR, SDS-PAGE, mammalian expression, AAV's, transient transfections, flow cytometry, Research Associate, gene synthesis, gene constructs, e-coli, protein expression, vector, plasmid, ion-exchange, AKTA, Chromotography, viral vectors, gene therapy, cell therapy, AAV purification, protein analysis, synthetic DNA, DNA, stable transient, Genetic Engineering
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.