We are currently looking for a Lab Manager to join a leading Biotec company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Lab Manager you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the laboratory. The Laboratory Manager will be responsible for managing the stock, facilities, health & safety and capacity planning within the lab, as well as multiple stakeholder relationships. To be the successful candidate you will be a competent, approachable and organised self-starter with the ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently and to consistently meet or manage deadlines.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Lab Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Lab Manager you will be responsible for the calibration, qualification and monitoring of equipment for the analytical team as per SOPs.
2. You will manage stock levels, ordering, receipt, delivery and storage of all laboratory consumable items as well as manage relationships with suppliers ensuring the most cost-effective contracts.
3. As the Lab Manager you will support scientists with stock reagent preparation, following appropriate SOPs where applicable. You will carry out other reasonable tasks as required by the line manager.
4. You will coordinate aspects of Health and Safety such as reviewing/writing risk assessments, evaluating incident forms, updating relevant SOPs and MSDS management, laboratory staff training with routine tasks in the laboratory such as COSHH reviews, chemical booking in, chemical expiry reviews.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Lab Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Scientific discipline would be desirable but not essential.
2. Proven industry experience in laboratory stock management as well as laboratory health and safety.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience within a GMP environment.
Key Words: Lab Manager, Chemistry, Chemicals, GMP, Cambridge, Pharma, Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical, Biopharma, Biotec.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.