We are currently looking for a Facilities Engineer to join a Pharmaceutical manufacturing organisation based in the West Yorkshire area. As the Facilities Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring the infrastructure of the facility is maintained in compliance with all statutory and internal standards.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Facilities Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Responsible for compliance with the routine facilities PPM system and associated documentation. Manages time and resources effectively, engaging contractors as required to ensure a timely response to facilities issues. Manages external contractors; reviewing RAMS, using the Rosemont authorisation and permit to work processes, organising access and supervising works
2. Repairs and maintains company facilities:-
·Performing basic electrical maintenance such as replacing lighting tubes/bulbs and sockets
·Making minor plumbing repairs
·Ensuring sinks, toilets and urinals are fully operational
·Resolving basic heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues
·Investigating and repairing issues with access control, CCTV and intruder alarms
·Carpentry (repairing and fitting doors, closers, locks etc)
·Office/desk and furniture moves
·General handyman duties
3. Adheres to routine checks that ensure smooth and compliant operation of site; keeping up to date & accurate records:-
·Emergency light testing
·Fire alarm testing
·Fire door testing
·Powered door checks
·Legionella testing & water quality analysis
4. You will also take responsibility over small facility capital projects up to the value of £25k, provides backup support for production engineers and maintains excellent standards of Health and Safety.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Facilities Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant qualifications such as a City & Guilds or engineering apprenticeship. You will also have 17th/18th/19th edition wiring regulations.
2. Proven industry experience in a similar facilities engineering and maintenance engineering role, ideally within a manufacturing environment such as Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Food or similar.
Key Words: Facilities Engineer | Engineering | Pharmaceutical | Chemical | Manufacturing | Maintenance
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.