Registered Nurse (Clinical Research Nurse) – Full time 12-36-month contract**
CK Group are excited to announce our collaboration with EMS Healthcare in a pioneering new cancer clinical research study, looking at the early detection of more than 50 types of cancer – including many that are difficult to diagnose. This revolutionary study comprises of an innovative blood test developed by GRAIL, a US biotechnology company, and could help thousands more people get successful treatment every year.
The study will take place on a state of the art, specifically designed mobile facility, which will be your place of work for the duration of the 12-36-month contract**. It will move around the North East Cancer Alliance to allow for a geographical reach of participants, spending around four weeks at a time in each location – therefore ability to commute throughout the area is essential.
Registered Nurse Role:
As a Registered Nurse, you will play a pivotal role in creating a positive and accessible participant experience. If you are committed to providing high-quality care and interested in a new, exciting role outside of a traditional NHS setting, this could be the post for you.
• Exciting opportunity to work on a pioneering cancer early detection study in 2021 through to completion in 2023.
• Appealing, consistent shift pattern that operates with 3 (12.5 hr) shifts on and 4 off – guaranteed no night shift work for the contract duration.
• Competitive holiday allowance of 28+8 days.
• Contributory stakeholder pension scheme.
• Life Assurance scheme.
• Wellbeing programme available for all employees.
• NMC Registered Nurse, recognised in the UK.
• Experienced and skilled in the practice of venepuncture.
• Good Clinical Practice experience and up to date training.
• Informed Consent experience and up to date training.
• Experience of working in primary and/or secondary care would be highly desirable.
• Experience in the conduct of clinical trials would be advantageous but not essential.
• Other Requirements & Competencies.
Other Requirements & Competencies:
• Full UK residency and hold a valid driving license.
• The ability to travel within the allocated cancer alliance.
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a self-motivated way.
• Good team player.
• Proficient in written and spoken English.
• Have relevant IT skills to perform the role.
• Possess high standards of integrity, professionalism, and sensitivity.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Please quoting reference EMSCK.
** contracts will be for 9 month periods each study year and the study will last for 3 years. The start of the contract will be the 29th October ending on the 28th June each trial year.