CK Group are recruiting for a Shift Process and Laboratory Technician on a shift pattern to join a company in the beverage industry at their site based in Middlesbrough on a permanent basis. Please note that this is a shift based role working both days and nights. There will also occasionally be manual labour involved including lifting 25 kg packages.
Our client is a beverage company that strives to create the best quality drinks. In addition to creating a range of brands, they also specialise in consulting other business and retailers to help create and produce drinks. With over 30 years of excellent service, they have produced award winning products and high-class customer satisfaction. Based in Middlesbrough, the salary would be £25,000 with benefits such as private medical cover, pension and death in service. This is a shift based role and will consist of shifts of 10pm to 6am, 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm.Location:
This role is located in Middlesbrough with good road links and is easily commutable from Redcar, Billingham, Thornaby, Stockton-on-Tees, Hartlepool, Peterlee and Darlington.Shift Process and Laboratory Technician Role:
Your main duties will be:
- Analytical testing of tankers.
- Making up recipes to ensure packaging lines are serviced with products as required (involves heavy lifting and carrying of ingredients and dispensing by hand into mixing vessels).
- Analytical & microbiological testing of finished products.
- Microbiological preparation work.
- Calibration of laboratory and factory equipment on a daily basis.
- Monitoring of pasteuriser temperatures and microbiological & bromine testing.
- During night shifts assist with line changeovers and set ups and assist with running of the lines where necessary as required by Packaging Shift Supervisor or Team Leader.
- Providing holiday cover for other Technicians when necessary.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- GCSE or equivalent passes in Math and English – essential.
- Analytical and microbiology industrial experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of using densitometers, performing distillations, acidity testing, pH, microbiology etc. would be advantageous.
- Experience of using a forklift truck would be beneficial.
For more information or to apply for this Shift Process and Laboratory Technician position, please contact Sajra Hameed on 012464 57712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 51454.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.