Cheminformatician (Senior Scientist)
OMass Therapeutics is an early stage drug discovery company specialized in applying state of the art biophysical platform technologies to discover therapies for severe unmet medical needs in immunology and genetically defined disorders. The company was founded by Professor Dame Carol Robinson to leverage her pioneering work in native mass spectrometry, in studies of dynamic protein assemblies, to characterise challenging drug targets including membrane proteins. The high resolution of our biophysical platform offers an unprecedented advantage in the detection of drug leads.
The company vision is to build an integrated drug discovery company, with biophysical platform technologies at its core, and develop a pipeline of novel therapies. Our ambition is to develop and ultimately commercialise our products.
Following successful Series A funding, the company has expanded significantly in different areas. This is an excellent time to join a dynamic growing company.
OMass Therapeutics is inviting applications for the position of Cheminformatician (Senior Scientist, grade dependent on experience). This is an exciting opportunity to participate in cutting edge drug discovery and undertake an extremely dynamic and diverse role as OMass seeks to expand computational chemistry capabilities. The company offers a thriving and creative environment for a well-suited candidate to become an integral part of our future vision.
The successful candidate will possess expert Cheminformatics knowledge with experience in database administration and curation. The role is based in our Oxford site however we are currently working a hybrid model with the option to work from home for part of the week.
Applications to be received by 9am (BST) Monday 20th September 2021
- Ph.D. in cheminformatics or equivalent industrial/academic experience.
- Proficient in database administration, curation and interrogation
- Proficient in scientific programming language (e.g. Python, Java, C or C++)
- Proficient with machine/deep learning model development and deployment
- An appreciation of relevant scientific disciplines that are related to drug discovery and early development such as target validation, pharmacology, SBDD, LBDD, ADME, structural biology and drug safety/toxicology
- Relevant industry experience in drug discovery across multiple projects from hit finding to candidate selection
- Experience of working across multiple target-types including GPCRs, solute carries and other membrane proteins
- Familiarity with Schrodinger software suites in addition to a sound knowledge of chemical toolkits is preferred
- Promote and maintain the highest levels of scientific excellence in computational chemistry, to help deliver OMass’ pipeline objectives
- Perform database administration and curation of both OMass internal databases and external research informatics systems, such as the Dotmatics, contributing to the development, testing and maintenance of tools to exploit these resources
- Experience in developing and implementing tools and processes to interrogate data for the purposes of understanding biological, chemical, pharmacological and ADMET data within the context of a drug discovery program
- Contribute to drug discovery projects by proactively applying cheminformatics and computational chemistry techniques to drive programs forward
- Publish science in high quality journals and publications
- Give presentations on OMass’ projects both at internal meetings and externally at conferences
- Foster collaborations with academia to help ensure that the team operates at the highest levels of scientific excellence
OMass Therapeutics values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity, we also have full responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to work and live in UK.
Applicants should provide a full CV including contact details for 2 referees and a cover letter describing their interest for, and compatibility with, the position.
All applications should be submitted online via our website www.omass.com/careers/.
Any queries relating to the role can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Competitive salary and comprehensive employee benefits