Head of Digital Design
At the RSC we are embarking on a digital transformation programme as an organisation-wide transformation in human and technological capability, to enable digital-first delivery for every product and service.
The Head of Digital Design will help to define and establish a multi-faceted design practice for the organisation and will be central to the RSC design community. As the function develops over time the Head of Digital Design will provide design leadership to a highly skilled team of user experience designers and researchers as well as working with our DevOps team and providing direction to third party suppliers and agency partners. The Head of Digital Design will also work across the RSC to champion user needs and build the right culture and capability as part of the transformation programme.
We are looking for:
- Proven experience of UX or UI design.
- Management: Demonstrable experience in team management. Coach, mentor and motivate team members while demonstrating a business outcomes approach to work.
- Experience of establishing and leading product design, development and management functions, defining and designing organisational approaches.
- Experience with customer and product discovery including service design and a track record in engaging a wider group of stakeholders with these approaches.
- Experience of working closely with marketing in customer-centric businesses.
- Experience with interaction design and information architecture. Proficient in design software.
- Experience with experimental techniques to validate and iterate designs in response to user feedback and research.
- Understanding of business metrics and the ability to translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences.
- Experience working within Agile practices, particularly Scrum and Kanban.
- Understanding of web standards and best practice, especially in user interface design and usability and accessibility standards; understanding of SEO.
- An ability to explain technical concepts to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Ability to quickly learn and implement unfamiliar technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: to motivate and gain support from other internal departments and stakeholders as well as with external contacts. Able to develop excellent working relationships with development teams (in-house or external suppliers), product and project managers, business analysts and architects to communicate and deliver on requirements.
We offer a competitive benchmarked advertised salary plus benefits. The contractual base for this role is our Cambridge office, however we are about to enter a period of piloting hybrid working, and you may be able to work from a location other than this, as agreed with your line manager. Applicants should be aware that there is an expectation that employees will attend the offices as needed for their role, and that permanent working arrangements away from the office may not be agreed in the future.
We’re keen to consider people with varied backgrounds and want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills. If you're excited about this opportunity and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure, please apply before the end of the closing date, as we’d love to hear from you.
View the full job description here.