CK Group are recruiting for a Laboratory Technician on behalf of a leading manufacturer of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients to be based at their site in Cramlington on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is a contract development and manufacturing organisation who provide R&D and production services to the global pharmaceutical and chemical industry. As a Laboratory Technician you will report to the Laboratory Project Manager and you will be responsible for providing laboratory support to enable the smooth running of the chemistry development laboratories within the Research and Development group.Location:
This role is going to be based in Cramlington located North of Newcastle.Lab Technician Role:
- Comply with all HSE requirements including safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct HSE audits and internal safety/housekeeping audits.
- Undertake weekly fume cupboard, safety shower and eyewash checks.
- Ensure laboratory housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Issue simple Permits to Work for external contractors.
- Active participation in departmental and site safety meetings.
- Regular equipment monitoring, calibration and maintenance.
- Manage laboratory glassware supplies and repair.
- Manage and order consumable chemical supplies.
- Carry out assigned SAP transactions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Packaging of chemist's laboratory samples.
- Chemical storage area management and maintenance.
- Hazardous laboratory waste collection and management.
- Perform weekly safety checks.
- Logging and SAP entry of maintenance repair requests.
To be considered for this Lab Tech role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of 5 level 2 qualifications (or equivalent) including Mathematics, English and a Science subject.
- Ideally experience of working within a laboratory environment.
- Must be IT literate.
- Good verbal communications skills.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing pharmaceutical company, who offer career development and progression opportunities. Apply:
For more information or to apply for this Laboratory Technician position, please contact Mary Bolt on 01246 457729 or email email@example.com, quoting job ref 51174.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.