We are currently looking for a Drug Discovery Project Leader to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Essex area. As the Medicinal Chemistry Project Leader you will be an experienced project leader who is able to provide scientific and strategic leadership across the drug discovery pipeline, from target validation through to clinical candidate nomination and beyond.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Drug Discovery Project Leader will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Drug Discovery Project Leader you will act as a scientific lead within the Chemistry, Biology or DMPK department, mentoring others and contributing to influencing the overall scientific direction and strategic vision for the business by identifying new areas for growing capabilities.
2. You will providedrug discovery expertise both internally and to clients, challenging thinking and using own initiative to help to influence, define and deliver scientific objectives for self and others.
3. As the Drug Discovery Project Leader you will provide independent scientific leadership of multiple project teams by designing and coordinating work plans, actively managing project resources and finances, influencing across disciplines and using strategic decision making and creative problem solvingto achieve project goals.
4. You will take a leading role in securing new business opportunities, working independently with Business Development to prepare scientific proposals and present to potential new clients.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Drug Discovery Project Leader we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Medicinal Chemistry, Biology, DMPK or closely related subject.
2. Proven industry experience in of successfully leading complex project teams, interacting across disciplines,planning & managing resources and financesand influencing within and outside of the project.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience in drug discovery covering different therapeutic areas and project phases across multiple target classes.
Key Words: Drug Discovery, Project Leader, Project Lead, Project Manager, Group Lead, Medicinal Chemistry, Biology, DMPK, Essex, Pharmaceutical.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.