We are currently looking for a Solid State Scientist to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Northumberland area. As the Solid State Scientist you will be responsible for the physical form screening using a wide range of methodologies including equilibration transformations and solution crystallisations.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Solid State Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Solid State Scientist, you will apply solid state techniques in order to understand materials behaviour for selection and progression as developable materials.
2. You will perform analysis in accordance with the requirements of cGMP using solid state techniques (XRPD, DSC, TGA, DVS, Microscopy, NMR, FTIR, PSD, IC, GC and HPLC) and report findings.
3. As the Solid State Scientist you will perform salt and polymorphism screening investigations and crystallisation development. You will perform technical transfers between internal and external customers and support method validation programs.
4. You will also perform calibration and maintenance of analytical equipment to meet cGMP and operational requirements.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Solid State Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Chemistry, Material Science or organic substances or other related subjects.
2. Proven industry experience in solid state characterisation and cGMP.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with salt and polymorphism screening and analytical techniques.
Key Words: Solid State / Chemistry / Pharmaceuticals / GMP / Chemist / Material Science / Organic Chemistry / Northumberland / HPLC / NMR / GC / XRD / FTIR
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.