We are currently looking for a Protein Expression Scientist to join a leading Antibody Discovery Biotherapeutic organisation based in the London. As the Protein Expression Scientist you will be responsible for supporting the Research and Development on Antibodies including the optimisation of Antibody Expression through mammalian cell lines.
This exciting opportunity would be perfect for a recent PhD graduate or BSc/Msc graduate with protein expression experience, to join a growing Biotherapeutics business to continue you passion and interest in protein production but in a research environment.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Protein Expression Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be involved in the expression of Recombinant Proteins and Antibodies through mammalian cell lines such as CHO and HEK293. This will be at bench scale, from mLs to a few Ls of culture.
2. You will maintain Cell lines though Cell Culture techniques and use Molecular Biology techniques for the design and creation of plasmids.
3. You will optimise Protein Expression conditions through development and validation of expression methods.
4. You will work closely with the Senior Scientist to ensure the timely and accurate production of research level proteins and antibodies.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Protein Expression Scientist Associate/Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD or BSc/MSc in addition to industry experience, focused in the field of Biochemistry and Protein Production.
2. Proven industry experience with Mammalian Cell Culture and Protein Expression through Mammalian cell lines.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with the optimisation of protein expression to increase yield of antibodies or Recombinant Proteins
Key Words: Protein Expression | Protein Production | | Antibody Expression | Antibody Production | Mammalian Cell Culture | CHO | HEK293 | Molecular Biology | Plasmid Design | Cloning | DNA Preparation | PCR | Transfection | Recombinant Protein | Antibody |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.