High-Throughput Experimentation Facility
The University of Delaware
High Throughput Experimentation (HTE) is revolutionizing the way chemists approach the synthesis of complex organic and inorganic molecules. From reaction discovery and optimization to parallel synthesis and route scouting, the use of miniaturized (microtiter) reactors in parallel format, the use of robotics for reaction setup and analysis, automation of workflows, and the application of software for data analysis is changing how synthetic organic and inorganic chemistry research is conducted. In light of this important advance, the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at the University of Delaware has constructed a state-of-the-art High Throughput Experimentation Laboratory. This lab is outfitted with multiple gloveboxes, robotic tools, and analytical instruments required to implement HTE in chemical research. This laboratory supports research in synthetic chemistry and material science across the UD campus, and is envisioned as a unique resource to support a vast range of chemical research across the state of Delaware and the region.
- Work with research groups to develop and implement HTE to speed chemical research.
- Oversee instrumentation in the lab.
- Help design and execute HTE workflows for research problems.
- Train undergraduate, graduate and postdoctoral researchers in the use of HTE techniques.
- Manage billing for HTE usage, supported by department financial staff.
- Work to develop growth of the HTE center, both through recruiting new academic and industrial users to the center and by assisting in the preparation of proposals for new equipment.
- Develops, collaborates, authors and co-publishes peer-reviewed research literature and presentations that report findings of the HTE.
- Maintains personal expertise and broad knowledge about HTE by attending training and professional meetings.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Organic, Organometallic, or Inorganic Chemistry with five years of job-related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Ph.D. is preferred.
- Familiarity with standard synthetic organic and organometallic reaction methodology including the handling of air-sensitive reagents and synthetic chemistry instrumentation, such as gloveboxes, vacuum systems, and high-pressure gas reactors.
- Familiarity with High Throughput Experimentation desired, but not required.
- Familiarity with the use, setup, and operation of a wide range of analytical instrumentation, including GC, GC/MS, LC, LC/MS, SFC, and SFC/MS, and an eagerness to learn basic maintenance of the same.
- Eagerness to learn and innovate in the area of HTE methodology, including the use and maintenance of robotic systems, and the development and implementation of basic software systems.
- Ability to work effectively without close supervision or direction.
- Ability to undertake independent or collaborative research.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
To Apply: For a complete list of requirements, job duties & to apply online, visit the UDJOBS website: www.udel.edu/udjobs Job ID 496645 .
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from minority group members, women, individuals with a disability and veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html. Employment offers will be conditioned upon successful completion of a criminal background check. A conviction will not necessarily exclude you from employment. The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer with diversity as one of its core values.