We are currently looking for a Development Chemist to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Northumberland area. As the Development Chemist you will be responsible for the development of new synthetic organic processes in the laboratory.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Development Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Development Chemist, you will define and demonstrate process routes, draft process outlines and approve PRSs.
2. You will develop and optimise processes, support scale-up, pilot, semi works and commercial manufacture, which may include shift working.
3. As the Development Chemist, you will prepare interim and final reports and communicate as and when required with customers.
4. You will also comply with all HSE requirements, conduct HSE audits and work closely with Hazard Evaluation to ensure that all processes are safe both at laboratory and manufacturing scale.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Development Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD (preferable) or degree in synthetic organic chemistry.
2. Proven industry experience in developing and optimising processes and scale-up.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with synthesis of small molecules within cGMP.
Key Words: Development Chemist / Synthetic Organic Chemistry / Chemist / Process / Scale-up / GMP / Research / Medicinal / Pharmaceuticals
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.