We are currently looking for a Electrical Engineer - Continuous Improvement to join a leading Life Sciences company based in the Kent area. As the Electrical Engineer - Continuous Improvement you will be responsible for ensuring Equipment, Utilities and Facilities have a maximized up-time and are continuously improved to remove any repeat or outstanding performance, reliability, quality or safety issues.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Electrical Engineer - Continuous Improvement will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Delivery of Improvement Projects and Capital Projects, from conception to completion. Develop site standards to ensure the Capitals are delivered correctly across the Kent sites, Engineering Change Control and Drawing Change Control are kept compliant.
2. Root Cause investigation of site issues to increase system reliability. Ensure that a pro-active approach is taken to continuous improvement, by listening to the customers requirements and understanding the true cause of the process bottlenecks.
3. Troubleshooting may include complex utility systems, PLC's (future), instrumentation, electrical systems, HVAC, electronic systems, refrigeration, air, water, steam and any other production equipment. Interpret and design system drawings, layouts, wiring diagrams and specifications.
4. Ensure that frequent reports on analysis are presented to line manager, that clearly identify the current issues, methodology to follow to resolve, implementation time-line plans, resource planning, cost planning and clear identification and actions. Ensure cost savings where possible are highlighted to management including competitive tender on quotations, as required.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Electrical Engineer - Continuous Improvement we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant Electrical Engineering qualification, such as an HNC, HND or time-served apprenticeship. Additional qualifications in Lean Six Sigma, such as a Green Belt, would be advantageous. This role would also be suitable for a Multi-Skilled Engineer.
2. Proven industry experience in a highly regulated manufacturing environment, such as the Medical Device, Pharmaceutical or Life Sciences sector.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with engineering change control systems. As well as the ability to read and understand Electrical Drawings, P&ID's and be able to view them/ modify on Auto-CAD software.
Key Words: Electrical Engineer | Multi-Skilled Engineer | Continuous Improvement | Capital Projects | Engineer | Lean | Six Sigma | Green Belt | Pharmaceutical | cGMP | Life Sciences | Control Systems | Black Belt | Fault Finding
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.