Senior Energetic Materials Scientist
AWE are currently recruiting for a Senior Energetic Materials Scientist
Would you like to use your skills to play a key role in developing and understanding explosive materials? The Explosives area are seeking an experienced person, who can lead in the scale up and development of chemical formulations from grams to kilograms. We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with extensive experience and knowledge in the field of materials development, and in particular formulation and characterisation of explosives.
Location - Reading area
Package - £40,000 - £45,000 (subject to skills and experience)
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We will consider candidates looking for full time or part time hours.
Applying your expertise, your work will focus on the research and development of new explosive materials while simultaneously working alongside our analytical and safety teams to lead the characterisation and assessment of the suitability of these materials.
To be successful in this role, it is desirable that you can demonstrate the following:
- PhD level knowledge of a relevant Chemistry or Chemical engineering discipline and extensive experience in a formulations chemistry or explosives industry
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, and excellent team working ability
- Extensive, proven and long-standing experience developing and characterising materials using a range of different processing techniques
- Broad experience in a range of analytical techniques including particle size measurement, thermal characterisation and spectroscopy
- Broad understanding of working with hazardous materials and health & safety
- Willing to travel and work at other UK Sites as required
All candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in explosives designated areas.